FAQ & FACTS About IT Support
When you are selecting a vendor for IT Support, there are certain questions you will normally want to ask. At Hardi Tech we have heard most of them over the years, so we decided to compile a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) along with our answers and facts you will want to know before making your choice.
- What are the most important factors when selecting an IT support provider? This represents a group of similar questions we hear that all relate to the client being “up front” and wanting us to respond in the same manner. We like that kind of an approach and it usually leads to a successful relationship. This is one of those times when “it depends” and questions of our own work best. We will usually start with “Why are you considering a switch from your current environment”, followed by “What do you like and dislike about your current provider? What things would you like to see changed?” Next, we like to understand more about how systems are being used, how many employees in total and how many use computers. Where are these computers located? How many desktops, laptops, mobile device and servers. Do they rely on wired or wireless networks? What applications are being used and which ones are “mission critical? We have learned that the more questions we ask, the better the end result!
- How do you charge for your services? Unfortunately there are IT providers who do not properly explain their pricing strategy and that is often the reason we are talking to the prospective client in the first place. We are careful to explain all fees up front so there are no surprises. We have a standard hourly rate with a minimum charge and we also offer fixed price contracts depending on the size and complexity of the services being provided but we always provide an estimate and if we find something that would cause us to go over the estimate, we let you know in advance.
- How do your managed services work? Managed services is designed to provide you with guaranteed “up time” and response rates in exchange for a set monthly fee. The fee is based on the number of systems you have, where they are located, the size of your network and what levels of up time and response rate you need. We will also put one of our people on site if necessary. The best part is you will know what your IT support expense will be every month so you can budget for it and avoid surprises.
- Can you service mobile laptops and mobile devices that belong to our employees? Yes. They can be bundled into your managed services contract or we can repair them just we like we do for you. The industry calls this Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and we have several clients that use us for this reason. We work with a wide variety of clients, including seniors who just need some “hand-holding.”
- How long have you been in business? Hardi Tech has been serving the Dallas-Fort Worth area since 2007.
We provide same day service and aim to have the issue resolved on the spot where ever possible and we invite you to contact us here.